ART ADVISORY OBJECTIVE
Amiel & Phillips was founded with former partner Ann Phillips, in response to our collective experiences working with both collectors and art and architecture and design world professionals and the unique challenges of choosing art for specific environments. Amiel & Phillips provides Modern and Contemporary paintings, sculptures, drawings, photographs and prints in a broad range of prices. These works can be specifically chosen or commissioned for designated locations in an interior or exterior environment. We provide art for an entire project or add individual pieces to an existing collection. We also help clients divest themselves of art that no longer fits within the context of a collection's changing direction. Our substantial experience and credibility provide a broad wealth of knowledge, sources and know-how in the often times mysterious and opaque art world.
We provide extensive educational background and professionalism to help establish a collecting direction commensurate with a collector’s interests and resources. We provide in-depth research and bring many years of art world experience to locating appropriate artworks for consideration including site-specific commission project possibilities. A seasoned eye, art historical knowledge, and art market access to auction houses, galleries, artists studios and private sources provide collectors with objective advice.
- Provide a collecting strategy
- Advise on acquisitions to build or expand collections
- Advise on de-accessioning of art works in a collection
- Source artworks from private collections, galleries, artist studios and auction houses
- Negotiate purchases with private galleries
- Solicit sales proposals from auction houses or galleries and bid on client’s behalf at auction
- Perform all due diligence as to condition, provenance and market pricing
- Arrange all aspects and negotiations for large scale, site-specific public art projects working with artist, client, contractor, architect/designer and lighting designers
- Consult on insurance, restoration, conservation, shipping, installation, framing and lighting